Latest information on the 2020/21 winter season in Kühtai
SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY. This is nothing new: it has long been our motto in Kühtai. Kühtai has so many kilometres of piste; so many cable cars, huts, cafés and restaurants, that there is no need to brave the crowds on your holiday and in your leisure time.
We are committed to making sure you can enjoy your pleasure in peace, and are stepping up our efforts even further for the current winter season. Therefore, we naturally adhere to the legal requirements regarding Covid-19 and have given extensive thought to clear regulations and measures. For the health and safety of everyone, and to ensure you have a relaxing and revitalising holiday in Kühtai.
The best thing? Gloves, goggles and face coverings worn for outdoor sports mean you already have your very own personal protective equipment, and Kühtai is also taking a whole range of other precautions to keep you safe.
Safety benefits in Kühtai
- You can access the ski area from almost any of our lifts in Kühtai, so avoiding the crowds is simple.
- Our staff on the ticket desks are behind glass screens, so no direct contact is necessary.
- Our cable cars, and specifically the new GaisKogelBahn, the KaiserBahn, the DreiSeenBahn, the HochAlterBahn and the HoheMutBahn, can meet the statutory regulations on passenger numbers.
- The KaiserBahn cable cars have a constant supply of fresh air.
- Journeys in our lifts and cable cars take a maximum of 5-10 minutes and are therefore far below the 15 minute contact limit.
Additional measures we are taking for your safety
Cable cars & general information
- The number of people per chair/cabin complies with statutory requirements.
- Gondolas and chairs are disinfected in accordance with regulations.
- Handwash is available in all toilet facilities, and hand sanitiser at the ticket desks and in all toilet facilities.
- FFP 2 face masks are mandatory in the following areas:
- At the stations and in the queues, in all toilet facilities and during travel with the following cable cars and lifts: KaiserBahn, GaisKogelBahn, HochAlterBahn, DreiSeenBahn and HoheMutBahn
- At the ticket offices of the Kühtai mountain railroads, a multifunctional scarf in Kühtai design (buff) and FFP2 masks are available for € 2.
- Rules are displayed wherever they are required.
- Sewage monitoring is conducted in partnership with the Tyrol State Government and the University of Innsbruck. These tests can give highly accurate early indications of possible infections and thus contribute to significant improvements in prevention.
Bergbahnen Kühtai staff
Bergbahnen Kühtai cable cars have developed their own directives for staff:
- All staff receive comprehensive hygiene and prevention training.
- All staff have a duty to wear face coverings if they cannot socially distance from visitors.
- The company doctor is involved in all health-related matters of our employees and will regularly test the team.
What we can all do
- Please wear an FFP 2 mask in the areas indicated (see above). We also recommend wearing an FFP 2 mask when you are unable to socially distance from other people.
- If you use masks, please dispose of these appropriately in the bins at the stations.
- Please ensure you maintain a sufficient distance from strangers, and avoid shaking hands when you greet people.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water several times a day and use the sanitiser dispensers.
- Please pay by card.
- Please follow the staff’s instructions.
If you develop symptoms that could be a sign of COVID-19 (high temperature, cough, sore throat, loss of sense of taste/smell,...), please immediately contact reception at your accommodation, your doctor or our doctor in Kühtai, Dr. Eric Austad, Tel. +43 5239 / 5219. Please do not leave your accommodation.
Subject to change (version dated 16 September 2020).
Please do not hesitate to contact our team if you have any other questions.
Bergbahnen Kühtai, Tel. +43 5239 / 52 29 or firstname.lastname@example.org