Higher. Lovelier. Whiter. The Ski-Resort Kühtai
Ski slopes as far as the eye can see, and each of them offering the snow guarantee of a high-altitude ski resort. Experience the pure joy of a white winter wonderland, where hospitality is kept high and small and bigger adventures will start right at your doorstep.
Operating hours & important information
Open lifts and cable cars can always be found under lifts and slopes.
Free antigen test possibility with Dr. Erik Austad in Kühtai (No. 31, fire station) from 8:30 am to 4 pm, without prior telephone appointment.
Cash desks and toilets at the following lifts:
GaisKogelBahn, DreiSeenBahn, HochAlterBahn, StartBahn
Take Away possibilities in the village center: Pias Café, Pizzeria da Bruno and in the Kühtai Shop.
Ski rental at Intersport Heidegger and Sporthaus Seppl.
Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020 to Sunday, April 18, 2021.
Lifts: Daily from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Lifts: Daily from 9:00 am to 4:15 pm
High up in Kühtai – your safe ski-in/ski-out resort at 2,020 m
Kühtai is a true winter wonderland. Safe and wide slopes accessible straight from the hotel and, most importantly, guaranteed snow. No party animals, no masses of visitors, no crowds.
- Access the Kühtai ski area straight from the hotel using almost any lift – this avoids larger crowds
- Safe and convenient 2, 4 and 6-person lifts – the majority of which have well-ventilated weather protection hoods
- Hand sanitiser, face masks and many other measures ensure your safety
- Free parking for day skiers
- Skiing to and from the hotel door
- Healthy altitude at over 2,020 m above sea level
- Snow guarantee until the end of April
- 2 ski resorts – 1 ski pass – 88 km of slopes with the Kühtai-Hochoetz ski pass
- 2x per week night skiing, Wednesday and Saturday from mid-December (Due to the Covid 19 safety regulation, not possible at the moment.)
- Wide slopes, so no crowds on the slopes
- Fantastic deep snow slopes
- KPark: FreeStyle-Area, SnowCross & SuperPipe
- KidsPark: for beginners and children
- Unique ski touring area
- Cross-country ski runs (classical and skating)
- 2.5 km long toboggan run, illuminated every night
- Amazing snowshoe and winter hiking experience
- Over 20 cosy bars, restaurants and ski huts
- Easy to reach (only 30 km from Innsbruck)
- Airport Innsbruck only 30 min. away
In under four minutes, the new GaisKogelBahn 6-seater chairlift with heated seats and weather protection hoods transports Kühtai guests from the new valley station up to 2,335 m. Right into the ski area with extensive, perfectly groomed slopes, always in harmony with nature.
To the key data
More slopes and more snow safety with the Kühtai-Hochoetz ski pass
A perfect combination! 2 ski resorts – 1 ski pass – 88 kilometers of pistes.
Austria's highest Skiresort Kühtai (2,020 meters altitude), and the Skiresort Hochoetz convince at the entrance of the Ötztal with one ski pass.
The ski resort Kühtai was awarded from Skiresort.info, the largest ski resort test portal in the world, as test winner 2020 in the category "Top class: World-leading ski resort with up to 60 km of slopes". To the test report
Furthermore, the Kühtai ski area received the Tyrolean slope quality seal from the Tyrolean regional government. This seal of approval stands for uniformly marked and well-groomed ski slopes with an appropriate rescue service and, at the same time, serves to ensure safety in alpine regions, where the danger is all too often underestimated.