Our hiking trails through untouched nature, past lakes, into in's Tyrolean mountain kingdom. And combine pastures and huts, where it can rest comfortably.
The DreiSeenBahn takes you up to 2,410 metres. From the mountain station you walk past the Oberer Plenderlessee and reach the DreiSeen-Hütte, which is located directly on the Unterer Plenderlessee, within 8 minutes walking distance. Within further 20 minutes walking distance you can hike over the Höhen-Panorama trail and reach the Finstertaler reservoir or even try a climbing tour over the Pockkogel on the via ferrata. The descent takes 90 minutes via the Mittlerer Plenderlessee and on to the Hirschebensee to Kühtai. Alternatively, you can also hike from the DreiSeen-Hütte to Kühtai via the toboggan run, a path suitable for prams.
The "Sellraintaler Höhenwanderweg"
The “Sellraintaler Höhenwanderweg” is a continuous hiking trail at an altitude of about 2,000 m from St. Sigmund to Oberperfuss. In a promising altitude, the 15-kilometer-long mountain trail leads along the 2,000 m line through the pastures of the Haggener and the Peider Sonnberg, then through the mountain flanks of the Koflerspitzen and the Weißstein to below the Rosskogel. The walking time for endurance long-distance hikers is between six and seven hours for the entire route. The trail does not have to be traversed in a single train, there are descent possibilities in Gries im Sellrain and Sellrain.
The brochure The Sellraintaler Höhenwanderweg is available free of charge in the tourist offices!
Zirmbachalm – Sonnbergalm – Peider Sonnberg – Kögele -
Option 1: Kögele – Ochsenstein – St. Quirin – Sellrain
Option 2: Kögele – Krimpenbachalm – Krimpenbachsattel – Rosskogelhütte – inn Stiglreith
Altitude difference: 1,032 m / 6–8 hours
- Kreuzjoch (2,563 m / 3 ½ hours)
- Flaurlinger Scharte (2,400 m / 4 hours from/to Zirmbachalm)
- Pforzheimer hut (2,310 m / 4 ½ hours from/to St. Sigmund)
- Mittertal (2,450 m / 5 hours)
- Kraspessee (2,545 m / 5 hours from/to Haggen)
- Faltegartenköpfl (2,184 m / 5¼ hours)
- Neunerkogel (2,642 m / 4 hours)
- Gaißkogel (2,820 m / 4 ½ hours)
- Pirchkogel (2,828 m / 4 hours)
- Wetterkreuz (2,578 m / 4 ½ hours from/to Issbrücke)
- Mutenkogel (2,420 m / 4 hours from/to St. Sigmund)
- Pockkogel (2,807 m / 5 hours)
- Rietzer Grieskogel (2,889 m / 5 ½ hours)
- Seejoch (2,808 m / 6 hours from/to Zirmbachalm)
- Kraspesspitze (2,954 m / 6 ½ hours)
- Sulzkogel (3,016 m / 7 hours)
Information about the hikes in the Längenental and Längental resevoir:
Due to a construction site at the power plant, the trail in Längental coming from the Niedereichscharte is currently not accessible. The Längental reservoir loop is possible again, but not barrier-free.